Friday, August 9, 2013

Stick a Fork in Us



We´re done. I survived 2 weeks of summer camp. I’d like to thank my thunder buddy, Todd and Jack Daniels. (just kidding about the second part) But really, Todd, I know you’re reading this because you totally stalk my blog, I seriously appreciate everything you did for the camp, especially because it wasn’t even in your site and you could have been at home enjoying your vacation. Even though I wanted to murder you every day before 10:00am because of your incessant energy, it was that energy and enthusiasm that made the camp fun. 

Since the last post, the kids received a Citizens Education class from the local police, we organized a big scavenger hunt (took about 4 hours of planning for a 30 minute game), and we had a few sessions of intercultural exchange. Today we had a small clausura to end the camp and since the camp was Olympic Games theme, we awarded the winning team with medals and the rest of the kids got certificates. The kids sang some songs they learned in music class and then we took tons of photos together. The kids made us beautiful cards, mine says “Thank you to be a good teacher and to make that these vacations are very amusing.” As we were leaving, 2 girls were crying and they all gave us hugs and said thank you and really meant it. Today made all the stress and planning completely worth it. I’m really going to miss them.
I´m Ron Burgandy?

Here are a few photos of my summer camp life.


omg HUGS!

our little devils.

I´m not crying... I was just cutting onions.

And this is us after the camp is over! JK that´s lunch.

this is us. poor Peace Corps volunteers.

No comments:

Post a Comment