Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Perks of Being a Homebody

This should really be titled "The Pros and Cons of Living Alone" but I recently saw "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" and it was SO GOOD! If you haven't seen it yet, you really should. Right now. Go. Why are you still reading?!

Okay, so here are The Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Pros:
  • There are no limits to the category "finger foods". I've been known to eat even soup with my hands in the comfort of my own home. 
  • Clothing is always optional.
  • Dance parties are frequent.
  • Singing is encouraged in all rooms. My kitchen has great acoustics. 
  • Naps happen. A lot.
  • I can dirty up every single dish until I'm eating cereal with a 1/4 tsp measuring teaspoon and leave them all in the sink and no one will get mad, except me.
  • The bathroom is never occupied when I need it.
  • Saturday mornings= pancake time!

Cons:
  •  Distractions are abundant. Because I have work to do in preparation for a big-deal presentation tomorrow, I have, instead, cut my toenails, drank some tea, cleaned my room (haven't seen my desk in weeks), found out what kind of sandwich I'd be according to a Buzzfeed survey (soggy bologna), annnnd wrote this blog post. 
  • Sometimes I talk to myself. Then I have to rationalize why that's not crazy. Then I feel even crazier.
  • Naps happen. A lot.
  • There is no welcome committee consisting of a whiny cat or an awesome roommate.
  • BOOOORRRINNNGGGG
  • Sometimes I don't see my desk for weeks. My apartment is generally a mess. 
  • There is no one to hold me accountable when I slack off. Thus, here I am.
Well, lookee there. The good outweighs the bad. I didn't even plan that.

BACK TO WORK, CHELSEA!

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment