Sunday, October 20, 2013

You can´t shut ME down!



What the government shutdown meant for me: thankfully, nothing. Although I am a government employee, Peace Corps Ecualife went on as usual for me. We all received an email from the Peace Corps director in DC saying that basically all the non-essential functions were shutdown stateside in order for the volunteers to have the funds to continue working, including our in-country medical and security staff. I don’t really know if that was a voluntary sacrifice made on their behalf, but I am extremely grateful nonetheless. I can’t imagine what it would look like for us to be shutdown as well. Would we be sent home? Would we be sent to our consolidation points to wait it out? Would we be stuck here without our monthly stipend? I can’t imagine the questions and uncertainty that government employees have been forced to face during this ridiculous conflict. I also don’t know the current status of the shutdown, I heard it may have just been put off until later. I don’t know because I would much rather browse through photos of cats on the Chive than read about some crybabies and their political nonsense. 

Everyday is Caturday, y’all! 

(he could run the government better. just look at that tie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment